More than 75 per cent of our sites have reopened with stringent measures in place to protect our teams.
We have issued Site Operating Procedures that are particular to each location and follow the Construction Leadership Council guidance. These are regularly reviewed and updated where necessary. They are also issued to sub contractors before they start work on site.
We have introduced a series of other measures including:
• Health declarations to be completed by 4pm on the day prior to starting work on site
• Non contact thermometers are in use on each site with temperatures taken on arrival. Those with temperatures of more than 37.8 degrees will not be allowed to work
• Daily briefings, site inductions and verbal roll calls (a substitute for the communal signing in sheet) – are held outside and at the appropriate social distance
• Enhanced hygiene procedures including washstands placed at the entrance to each site. Staff are encouraged to regularly wash hands throughout the day
• Welfare facilities cleaned regularly throughout the day
• We have closed canteens and asked staff to bring their own lunch to prevent any cross contamination
• Revised work schedules and programme to ensure social distancing
• Updated Risk Assessment and Method Statements (RAMS) to manage the risk for everyone on site with sub contractors asked to submit new or amended RAMS to incorporate measures to protect against the spread of coronavirus.
Managing Director Steven Owen said: “It is important that construction restarts to provide a boost to the economy but it is vital that we do everything we possibly can to ensure the wellbeing of our staff and sub contractors.
“Our measures are designed to ensure that progress can be made on our operational sites whilst keeping our teams safe.We are working closely with our staff and sub contractors to keep them informed and will amend our protocols and work schedules accordingly as the sites develop. We are also maintaining open communication with our clients so they know how we are delivering their projects safely.”
Our Site Operating Procedures (SOP’s) can be read here.